[Fwd: 1.09j receiver lockup]

Steve egbert@efficient.com
Tue Sep 7 19:05:47 1999

I'm experiecing a receiver lockup using Intel EtherExpress 100 Pro+
(with Management Adapter) (P/N 721383-xxx) and eepro100.c,v1.09j  along
with a receiver buffer queue dump and several attempts to restart the
receiver to no avail.  Only recourse is to power cycle (ifdown eth0/ifup
eth0 doesn't restore this).

I'm running RedHat 6.0 with 2.3.16 upgrade and inlining the eepro100.c
into the kernel instead of as a module.

I'm pumping 8 Mbps full-duplex into this ethernet receiver as part of my
ADSL CPE Modem throughput testing.

FYI, I am not able to use eepro100.c,v1.09l as it cannot be compiled due
to various renaming of structures (device into net_device;
pci->base_address is gone; etc..).

Any insight would be appreciated.   Next time this happens, I'll have
eepro-diag ready for further analysis and I'll relay all info.

Steve

--
Steve Egbert                      Skytel: 888-463-7343
Software Engineering                 FAX: 972-991-3887