Monkey boy needs help! Transmit timed out:...

Bernd Kaindl bk@suse.de
Sat Oct 23 20:50:44 1999

On Sat, 23 Oct 1999, Brian Leeper wrote:
> > I had the same problem, 1.09r fixed this problem for me. I can send you
> > my favourite fixed-up version of 1.09r as a single source file without
> > the need for additional modules, with an important fix against a
> > complete machine lock-up and another fix for multible detections
>
> When you say "complete machine lock-up" does it kernel panic or just
> freeze?
Sorry for the alarm... the lock-ups occurred with tulip-0.91g not with
eepro100... the locking/panicing machines were nodes in a cluster with
serial console, and I did'nt look there. They locked up because the
load reached max_interrupt work and this caused a problem with
INTR_MITIGATION on the 21143. The machines didn't respond to the
console or the net anymore. Vojtech extracted the fix for this from
the tulip-0.91s added it to the 0.91g.

> I was having problems with 1.09r kernel panicing.

Which card type and kernel, do you have messages from the panic?
Were the panics in connection with high network load?

Thanks,

Bernd