eepro100 under 2.2 = :(

Simon Andrew Boggis simon@dcs.qmw.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 20:17:43 1999

> On another note, is there any support yet for the Pro/100+ Management
> Adapter (82559)?  I was going to swap out the 100B and this new card happens
> to be the only spare network card around.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> -Andy Grundman

I am using 3 dual 82559's in an AMD K6400 Linux router (kernel 2.2.9) and the
(1.0.6?) eepro100.c driver. No problems (at least noone has complained) so
far, except the well known netatalk/eepro trouble which I worked around
by using the universal appletalk router (UAR) instead of netatalk - it
uses raw sockets instaed of kernel DDP support, and seems to route fine
(again, so far) without any need for tweaking module options.

Simon

Simon A. Boggis 					Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,
Queen Mary and Westfield College London, E1 4NS, UK. Telephone 0171 975 5234