eepro100 under 2.2 = :(

Andy Grundman wbtiny@iname.com
Tue Jun 8 14:35:02 1999

Greetings,

I am experiencing the same poor network performance as some other users were
seeing.  But my poor performance only goes in one direction.  I am running a
100B card in a DEC Alpha SX164 on Linux 2.2.4.  Sending downstream data to
the machine through this card is just as fast as any other computer on my
network, but trying to receive the same data from that card is horribly
slow.. in the range of 10-50K/sec.  I originally thought it might be the hub
or the cable, but I've narrowed it down to the eepro100 driver not working
right with the 2.2 kernels.  I'm recompiling/upgrading to 2.2.9 now to see
if that helps any.  Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?  Some of
my coworkers are complaining of the slow performance.

On another note, is there any support yet for the Pro/100+ Management
Adapter (82559)?  I was going to swap out the 100B and this new card happens
to be the only spare network card around.

Thanks for any help,
-Andy Grundman