kernel 2.2.5-15 unstable when net driver loaded

David Hamm dhamm@itrepro.com
Mon Jul 26 17:50:45 1999

I have a number of 366 mhz celeron computers that randomly lockup when the
eepro100 module is loaded and eth0 is configured.  The computers seem to only
be able to stay up about 30 to 45 minutes.  If I unload the network they do not
crash.  Could anyone suggest how to resolve this problem?
The card iis an Intel Pro 100+ and is recognized at boot as an intell ether
express.  I tried the new source version 1.08 ( 1.06 is currently loaded ) but
it could not be loaded because of symbol problems.

David Hamm
Systems Analyst
Imaging Technologies Services Inc.
email: dhamm@itrepro.com