transmitter problems, was: Re: your mail

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard@w3.org
Fri Feb 26 07:17:03 1999

> > I had exactly the same symtoms. eepro100 plus adaptec on 10BT net. Card
> > stopd at random times and has to be up/downed. The machines offline
> > at the moment (its maxtor disk makes too much noise) so I can't check.
> > I was ifconfigging it up/down every day preemptively. Kernels 2.0.25-36.
>
> Are you also on a K6-2 system?
> I found someone else on the IRC with the same problem (and a K6-2).
> I also have a pentium mashine with a identical card and it works perfect (it
> also has an adaptec 2040uw).

  Interesting, I got transmitter problems too on rpmfind.net and it's
a K6-2 also ... While I never got those on a bunch of others machines
here running Pentiums or PII with the exact same card (and definitely
less load too !). Basically all our PC machines here (W3C/MIT) use
EEPro100 and a fair amount of them are running Linux.

  Daniel

--
	    [Yes, I have moved back to France !]
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :