[ Donald Becker ] [ Donald Becker ] shared interrupts not working correctly

Gregg G. Wonderly gregg@skymaster.c2-tech.com
Thu Sep 24 16:16:16 1998

>On Thu, 24 Sep 1998, Gregg G. Wonderly wrote:
>Get a newer SCSI driver or remove the SA_INTERRUPT flag from your current
>one.  See
>  http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/irq-conflict.html

Specifically, I am using the newest ncr53c8xx.c driver, version 0.6.  And
yes, it has the SA_INTERRUPT flag specified, always.  Given what I read
in the above (good information) document, it sounds like I should take the
SA_INTERRUPT flag off.  Are you saying that all the PCI drivers should
take this off, and the driver authors just don't know this?

The document reads as though all drivers for PCI devices sharing IRQs must
either all use SA_INTERRUPT, or none use SA_INTERRUPT, or the request_irq()
calls will fail.  Is that what you are trying to get across?

Please forgive my ignorance of this issue, and thanks for your help!

Gregg Wonderly
-----
gregg@c2-tech.com  (C2 Technologies Inc)