eepro100 1.0.3 patch

Linus Torvalds torvalds@transmeta.com
Sat Oct 17 05:22:26 1998

Ok, I fixed the eepro100 driver so that I can live with it.

I can still get the card to lock up under extreme load, but unlike the
1.02 driver it at least only loses the network, it doesn't crash the whole
machine. The kernel itself continues to run, but the link lights go out,
and there are no received or sent packets ever after..

And this is under fairly extreme load, with the machine having heavy disk
activity, being out of memory and paging and at the same time being
bombarded by two other machines on the same 100Mbps subnet with "ping -f".
The v0.36 driver held up better, but that may be because I had upped some
limits in it.

Not crashing is the operative word, and while a problem it's still more
acceptable to just lose the link. I still hope somebody finds out why that
would happen.

I put it on ftp.kernel.org as pre-patch-2.1.126-2.gz, please check it out
and tell me whether it works on other peoples machines to a similar
degree.

		Linus