eepro100 1.0.3 patch

Linus Torvalds torvalds@transmeta.com
Sat Oct 17 00:24:52 1998

On Fri, 16 Oct 1998, Donald Becker wrote:

> v1.05 is available from
>    http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/test/eepro100.c

This one does not seem to work at all on my machine. I can't test it out
further, because I'm at home, and my eepro100 is at work and I no longer
have anybody to fix up any mistakes, but I have to say that I've had a
truly miserable time with any of the newer eepro100 drivers.

The machine booted up, but never apparently saw any network activity (it
never got past named starting, according to the person who was there to
reboot it for me).

Backed down to the old v0.36, which is rock solid for me.

[ My setup is not very special - it's just reasonable high-end.  Mid-range
  SMP and a 100Mbps network that can be fairly busy. ]

		Linus