"Transmit timed out" with EtherExpress Pro100B

Osma Ahvenlampi oa@spray.fi
Tue Oct 6 09:34:46 1998

Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@spray.fi> writes:
> Anyway, I just patched the eepro100 driver to
> multicast_filter_limit=0, re-enabled appletalk, and put two machines
> pinging the pe2300 constantly. If I don't see the problem within one
> hour, I would consider it pretty clear what's broken. With only

Okay, it's been running for 30 minutes with Netatalk on (and in use,
although not heavily), and the pings haven't lost a packet
yet. Resposnse time is consistent 0.3-0.4 milliseconds, and I haven't
seen any spurious traffic on the switches. Considering that the
machine used to go absolutely mad within 3 minutes of starting
Netatalk before, I consider the immediate problem solved. What this
does to performance, I have no idea of.

Conclusion: eepro100 v1.03 multicast filtering is still broken.

--
Possession, n. The whole of the law.
Osma Ahvenlampi <oa@spray.fi>