[bproc]I need to help about Bproc-2.2.2.

Erik Arjan Hendriks erik@hendriks.cx
Mon, 21 May 2001 22:10:16 -0400

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 09:19:51PM -0300, Orlando Rocha wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have beowulf's cluster with Red Hat 6.2 and Kernel 2.3.17-33.
> Does anybody know any documentation about bproc-2.2.2? Where can I look for it?

The best documentation out there right now is at:
http://bproc.sourceforge.net

The documentation there is still somewhat rudimentary but it's the
best that there is.  There are links to download all the BProc
tarballs and the preferred (fast) mailing list there too.

As far as working on Red Hat 6.2 is concerned, you will probably have
to start with a clean linux kernel source tree.  The source trees that
Red Hat distributes are quite heavily patched and my patches are not
likely to work on them without some (significant?) modification.

> Who tried to install the bproc-0.2.1? I installed it, but I couldn't
> run it, because the modules vmadump.o, bproc_ghost.o and
> bproc_masq.o have problems in their font code. Who could help me?

Font code?  There's nothing invovling fonts in there... Anyway, bproc
0.2.1 is ancient, I only hang on to it for historical reasons.  It
probably won't even work correctly on top of linux 2.2.17.  2.2.2 is
definitely the way to go.

- Erik