[Beowulf] Poll - Directory implementation

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 27 00:08:32 PDT 2018

To be clear I am talking about the Name Service Cacheing Daemon
I have always found this to be more trouble than it is worth  - it holds on
to out of date information,
and needs to be restarted when you are debugging things like batch systems
etc.

nslcd is something completely different (*)   and whoever chose similar
names should be forced to watch endless re-runs of the Parrot Sketch.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Nslcd

(*) obligatory Python reference