[Beowulf] Bright Cluster Manager

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 00:53:44 PDT 2018

Chris Samuel says:
>I've not used it, but I've heard from others that it can/does supply
> schedulers like Slurm, but (at least then) out of date versions.

Chris, this is true to some extent. When a new release of Slurm or, say,
Singularity is out you need to wait for Bright to package it up and test it
works with their setup.
This makes sense if you think about it - Bright is a supported product and
no company worh their salt would rush out a bleeding edge version of X
without testing.
I can say that the versions tend to be up to date but not bleeding edge - I
cannot give a specific example at the moment, sorry.

But as I say above, if it really matters to you, you can install your own
version on the master and the node images and create a Module file which
brings it into the users PATH.