[Beowulf] Intel motherboard BMC

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:48:10 PDT 2018

Jorg, the notes I have for setting up Intel BMCs are not of any use to you,
sorry. See below.

Regarding the PXE booting, t is easy to use the syscfg utility to print out
and to set the boot order.
But I do not think this is your problem.
https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/Intel_Syscfg_UserGuide_V1.02.pdf

The IPMI interfaces have three LAN Channels – 1, 2, 3

LAN Channel 3 is the one used by the AXXRMM4LITE add-on management module

http://ark.intel.com/products/55168/Remote-Management-Module-AXXRMM4LITE

To configure LAN channel 3:

*module load ipmitool *

*ipmitool lan print 1* (to show the configuration of Channel 1)

*ipmitool lan set 3 ipaddr 172.16.202.XXX * (to set the IP address the same
as Channel 1)

*ipmitool lan set 3 netmask 255.255.255.0*

*ipmitool lan print 1* (to show the configuration of Channel 1)

The Bright Cluster manager uses user number 4 to access the IPMI interface.
This user is named ‘bright’. You should set the level of access for user 4
on LAN Channel 3:

*module load ipmitool ; ipmitool user priv 4 0x4 3*

*module load ipmitool ; ipmitool channel setaccess 3 4 callin=on ipmi=on
link=on privilege=4*

*ipmitool channel getaccess 3 4*

On 21 June 2018 at 12:25, Jörg Saßmannshausen <sassy-work at sassy.formativ.net