[Beowulf] OT, X11 editor which works well for very remote systems?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Jun 6 14:28:03 PDT 2018

Off Topic.

I need to do some work on a system 3000 miles away.  No problem
connecting to it with ssh or setting X11 forwarding, but the delays are
such that my usual editor (nedit) spends far too much time redrawing to
be useful.  Resizing a screen is particularly painful.

Are there any X11 GUI editors that are less sensitive to these issues?

If not I will just use nano or vim.

Thanks,

David Mathog
mathog at caltech.edu