[Beowulf] Lustre Upgrades

Jeff Johnson jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
Mon Jul 23 10:00:36 PDT 2018

Paul,

2.6.34 is a kernel version. What version of Lustre are you at now? Some
updates are easier than others.

--Jeff

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 8:59 AM, Paul Edmon <pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:

> We have some old large scale Lustre installs that are running 2.6.34 and
> we want to get these up to the latest version of Lustre.  I was curious if
> people in this group have any experience with doing this and if they could
> share them.  How do you handle upgrades like this?  How much time does it
> take?  What are the pitfalls?  How do you manage it with minimal customer
> interruption? Should we just write off upgrading and stand up new servers
> that are on the correct version (in which case we need to transfer the
> several PB's worth of data over to the new system)?
>
> Thanks for your wisdom.
>
> -Paul Edmon-

Jeff Johnson
Co-Founder
Aeon Computing

jeff.johnson at aeoncomputing.com
www.aeoncomputing.com
t: 858-412-3810 x1001   f: 858-412-3845
m: 619-204-9061

4170 Morena Boulevard, Suite C - San Diego, CA 92117

High-Performance Computing / Lustre Filesystems / Scale-out Storage