[Beowulf] cluster authentication part II

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 15 22:02:25 PST 2018

Jorg, I do not have the answer for you.  One comment I have is that the GUI
login will use different PAM modules from the command line ssh login.
If you are looking for differences between your CentOS machine and Ubuntu I
would also start by listing the PAM modules.

I speak as someone who has a nagging problem with nslcd - I have two
servers which should be identical, and on one I cannot 'sudo' with my
account.

It is possible to stop the nslcd.service and run nslcd -d in a terminal  -
this did not help me, it might help you.