[Beowulf] Theoretical vs. Actual Performance

Dmitri Chubarov dmitri.chubarov at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 10:18:14 PST 2018

Hi,

not sure if the 282 GFLOPS number is correct.

We have 16 Bulldozer/Interlagos cores at 2.2 GHz. Each pair of cores forms
a CMT module. The two cores in the module share an FPU with 2 128-bit FMAC
units.

In terms of double precision FLOPS it should make
16 * 2.2GHz * 2 double precision scalars/SIMD register * 2 FLOPS / FMA op =
140.8 GFLOPS

It looks like 282 GFLOPS number is per a 2P node.

Dima