[Beowulf] Theoretical vs. Actual Performance

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 22 07:16:33 PST 2018

Prentice, I echo what Joe says.
When doing benchmarking with HPL or SPEC benchmarks, I would optimise the
BIOS settings to the highest degree I could.
Switch off processor C) states
As Joe says you need to look at what the OS is runnign in the background. I
would disable the Bright cluster manager daemon for instance.

85% of theoretical peak on an HPL run sounds reasonable to me and I would
get fogures in that ballpark.

For your AMDs I would start by choosing one system, no interconnect to
cloud the waters. See what you can get out of that.