[Beowulf] Dell syscfg for KNL nodes - different to regular Dell syscfg?

Kilian Cavalotti kilian.cavalotti.work at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:40:36 PST 2018

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 4:45 PM, Christopher Samuel <chris at csamuel.org> wrote:
> I'm helping bring up a cluster which includes a handful of Dell KNL
> boxes (PowerEdge C6320p).  Now Slurm can manipulate the MCDRAM settings
> on KNL nodes via syscfg, but Dell ones need to use the Dell syscfg and
> not the Intel one.

AFAIK, despite their unfortunate sharing of the same name, Dell's
syscfg and Intel's syscfg are completely different tools:

Dell's: http://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/dell-opnmang-dplymnt-toolkit-v5.2_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf
Intel's: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/server-products/server-boards/Intel_Syscfg_UserGuide_V1.02.pdf

So, in my humble opinion, you'll need both. And maybe an innovative
naming scheme. :)

Cheers,
--
Kilian