[Beowulf] ipoib routing

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 11 14:40:42 PST 2018

Michael, yes.  Panasas engineered IPOIB to Ethernet routers for their
storage platform. Remember that until the latest generation of their kit
they ran on BSD, which had no Infiniband capability. Panasas IB routers
booted from an onboard SATA DOM, which was quite a neat solution.
I know this as I had to revive one from the dead after the technical staff
at a company I worked with deleted the partition table during a test cycle
(long war story there).

More relevantly, when working at ASML I configured the Mellanox gateway
devices which connect between IB networks and Ethernet networks.
Technically these are bridges which implement the proxy arp function. I
installed four of these devices, and got to know them pretty well.
I think they do the job which you need.