[Beowulf] Varying performance across identical cluster nodes.

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 11:56:23 PDT 2017

Shooting from hip
1. BIOS identical version and settings
2. Firmware on device (I assume nothing just thinking out loud)
3. Re-seat fans/replace (oxidized contacts - silly but why not)
4. Verify the power supplies are identical (various watts etc... maybe swap
out and test)
5. Memory cooling heat-sinks? (have seen identical orders with different
memory some with heatsinks)
6. Thermal paste
7. Blank panels on empty drive bays
8. Location in rack/room