[Beowulf] Future for Moab HPC Suite

Carl mutantllama at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 20:44:40 PST 2017

Hi folks,

I was at SC this year (for the first time in a couple of years) and I was
surprised at how quiet things were on the Moab side of things.

There wasn't any related bird of a feather sessions, or workshops/tutorials.

I stopped by the Adaptive booth and not a lot seemed to be happening their
either.

Conversely in the SLURM world, there seemed to be a lot of action and it
seems that a lot of folks (such as the big national labs) have moved over.

We are currently using very old versions of Torque/Moab and will need to
make some decisions about what we will do when we next refresh our gear.

Is anyone using a current version of the suite, that is able to share their
experiences? Or have any thoughts on how the future is looking?

Thanks,

Carl.