[Beowulf] help with cables

Jonathan Engwall engwalljonathanthereal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:24:34 PST 2017

I have ordered two flextronic 8 port switches and five topspin dual port
HCA's. Most of these decisions were a combination of cost limitations (it
sits on my coffee table) and careful scrutiny of photos on eBay.
Right now I have a great price on an HP SmartArray with controllers.
My first concern is that it will require a 1U machine to manage RAID and my
next concern is that the controllers will need adapters for the 4x SDR
cables which I believe will connect to the TopSpins and Flextronics.
Anyone with hands on experience with this '08 gear, please help me out.
Jonathan Engwall