[Beowulf] Not OT, but a quick link to an article on InsideHPC

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Fri Mar 24 09:02:14 PDT 2017

On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 11:48 PM, Joe Landman <joe.landman at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/23/17 5:27 PM, C Bergström wrote:
>>
>> Tiz the season for HPC software to die?
>>
>> https://www.hpcwire.com/2017/03/23/hpc-compiler-company-pathscale-seeks-life-raft/
>>
>> (sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread, but timing of both
>> announcements is quite overlapping)
>

> No issue, and I am sorry to see this happen.  I enjoyed my time using the
> PathScale compilers.
>
> Its sad that an ecosystem chooses not to support innovators.

I must admit that my rough around the edges personality may play into
this. I don't mince words and when smart people occasionally
(frequently?) do stupid things - there's a right way to say it and a
blunt way.. and then there's times when it's just a matter of
opinions.. So many people lately think LLVM is this magical panacea
that will fix all their problems.. That camp of people is growing and
any time you try to explain how craptastic it is on a whole category
of problems you're met with disbelief at best..

Maybe I'm wrong and it will "just work out in the end"..

#rant