[Beowulf] Administrivia: emergency Mailman work for the Beowulf list

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 4 17:18:31 PDT 2017

On 05/07/17 10:07, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> I'm about to install the latest backport of Mailman on beowulf.org which
> will then allow me to automatically reject any DMARC'd emails to the
> list as a quick fix.

I've now completed this work, though with a slight modification.

Instead of blocking such emails I've instead told Mailman to rewrite the
From: address in the interests of keeping communications open.

Mailman *should* put their original email address into the Reply-To:
header instead so you should still be able to get back to the original
poster.

Thank you for your patience..

All the best,
Chris (now with 493 subscribers to fix up)
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne