[Beowulf] BeeGFS usage question

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 11:36:56 PDT 2017

Chris,

I've used BeeGFS on AWS before. I was mostly testing the installation
procedure and the performance. It's not really persistent storage since I
would bring up a cluster, run some tests, and then tear down the cluster. I
think the longest I had a cluster running was about 1-2 weeks (I was
running tests the whole time).

The performance was very good and it was easy to install. I used the rpm's
to install on CentOS 7 (storage and clients). I used xfs underneath since I
didn't want to try putting ZFS on the servers at the time (I was interested
in performance testing so I wanted to keep it simple).

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>