[Beowulf] Mobos for portable use

Hamilton, Scott scott.hamilton at atos.net
Sat Jan 21 06:21:09 PST 2017

I have been in academics for the last 10 years in a research support role. Our graduating seniors in computer science and computer engineering did not understand the concepts of variable locking for openmp.  Or the concept that multiple threads sharing the same memory space could easily conflict.

These fairly si.ple concept are not even introduced in the curriculum until grad school.
Scott