[Beowulf] more automatic building

Remy Dernat remy.dernat at univ-montp2.fr
Thu Oct 6 02:46:15 PDT 2016

Hi,

In the same vein, Benoit (cc of this mail) created an automatic way to
install a whole cluster based on centos/salt/slurm... Take a look here :
https://github.com/oxedions/banquise

On my side, I play with LXD to automate all this stuff (but I thought
about doing it with singularity too). The main idea is to have a stable
OS on the hardware that you do not need to (re-)install anymore but just
some containers that you can move or resize to fit your needs. I do not
know how exactly, but IMHO, I think our work should move to this kind of
DevOps things as in the cloud area. Actually I have some salt recipies
to orchestrate hardware reinstallation for some nodes (not all my
clusters), and then, I apply automatically other formulas to deploy the
containers based on some specifications.

Best regards,

Remy

Rémy Dernat
Ingénieur d'Etudes