[Beowulf] Building OpenFOAM

tegner at renget.se tegner at renget.se
Sun Nov 13 23:04:32 PST 2016

Talked to ouar OpenFOAM expert. He had the following comments:

* On a modern machine he compiled OpenFOAM-4.x in about 35 minutes.* gmp.h: Seems gmp-devel is lacking (probably also mpfr-devel.
* To speed up one could use "export WM_NCOMPPROCS=32" or something similar.
* Also, we have had serious issues with speed when compiling on parallel filsystem (gluster), should compile on a local filsystem.

Regards,

/jon