[Beowulf] recommendations on ARM distro?

Gerald Henriksen ghenriks at gmail.com
Sun May 15 09:32:32 PDT 2016

On Fri, 13 May 2016 11:38:33 +0800, you wrote:

>My issue in general with aarch64 OS has been the pita install process. If that's now insert USB drive.. click click done I'd be really happy. Trying to deal with it via remote hands who may or may not be familiar with Linux is painful

Red Hat has been pushing hard for aarch64 to support industry standard
BIOS/UEFI for booting the hardware, and for ACPI to control it, making
it much easier for the OS to boot and run.

The hardware vendors have been slow, but there is now some hardware
that supports those standards, though I have no experience with any of
it.

So it should be as easy as your USB drive soon.

For those interested Jon Masters (Red Hat - Chief ARM Architect) did a
talk earlier this year on the effort to get the ARM vendors to support
standards, including a brief demo at the end of a Qualcomm 24 core
system running Red Hat Enterprise 7.2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVK0LqxULZc