[Beowulf] recommendations on ARM distro?

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Thu May 12 12:09:26 PDT 2016

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 2:59 AM, Mark Hahn <hahn at mcmaster.ca> wrote:
> Hi all,
> we have a (tiny) experimental ARM box - based on Cavium ThunderX, but have
> run into basic issues with distros (ie, ARM+ldap+ubuntu=fail).
>
> If you're using ARM (on something bigger than a RPi), what distro are you
> using?

I don't have 1st hand experience with the combination you're
referencing above, but peanut gallery comments

1) I'd encourage you to retry the default Cavium provided OS - I
realize that the package manager may not be fun, but they have thus
far been good about software support for our needs

2) Fedora has put quite a bit of effort into their AArch64 distro