[Beowulf] Singularity 1.0 is out

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Wed May 4 12:18:05 PDT 2016

Chris,

You may want to reach out to Greg. He has some pretty serious reservations
about Docker and security. He can also tell you a bit more about Shifter
since NERSC is so close to him. From what I've read, Shifter can take
Docker containers as input and it converts them into something that can run
safely (I don't know know what the end results looks like). Fortunately, I
think Shifter has some fairly deep hooks into Slurm (I seem to remember you
being a Slurm kind of person). You might also reach out to the Shifter
folks at NERSC.

Jeff