[Beowulf] IPoIB failure

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 27 14:29:09 PST 2015

On 28/01/15 09:24, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> haven't seen any issues at all

let me quickly caveat that - we've not seen any issues at all with RHEL
6.6 and IPoIB.

We have, however, seen other issues with Mellanox mlx4_en drivers no
longer automatically loading on boot and nonsensical IB only sysfs files
for them when they do.

Sigh, still can't understand hardware vendors belief that RHEL and SLES
are "enterprise" distros.  For my money (and in my experience) if you
want real stability you run Debian.. :-(

cheers,
Chris