[Beowulf] 10G networking?

John Hearns John.Hearns at viglen.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 02:40:39 PST 2015

It occurred to me the other day that it's about time we had something better than 1GE for commodity networking. It's good news that switch costs are coming down but I've yet to see a server with an onboard 10gT adaptor (although I have seen some with SFP+ 10g).

Supermicro systems are available with 10G RJ45 on board (not SFP+)

Viglen Ltd, Registered in England No 1208441. Registered Office: 7, Handley Page Way, Colney Street, St. Albans, Hertfordshire AL2 2DQ.

Information in this electronic mail message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to our customers, any information contained in this message is subject to Viglen Terms & Conditions. Please rely on your own virus checker and procedures with regard to any attachment to this message.