[Beowulf] are there any known attempts to apply hadoop BigData techniques to weather modelling?

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Tue Feb 17 13:56:17 PST 2015

Why do you think 'Big Data' techniques would be applicable to this?

A large amount of data != big data.

'Big Data' techniques are typically for finding trends in unstructured
data from multiple sources, whereas the output of scientific simulations
is usually from a single source in some sort of structured format. I
just don't see any applicability here whatsoever.

--
Prentice