[Beowulf] interesting article on HPC vs evolution of 'big data' analysis

Gus Correa gus at ldeo.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 9 12:01:36 PDT 2015

On 04/09/2015 02:20 PM, James Cownie wrote:
>> MPI continues to hang on, outlived its creators,
>
> As someone who was a subcommittee chair on MPI-1, it needs to go on a
> while yet to outlive me (I hope!)
>
> -- Jim
> James Cownie <jcownie at gmail.com <mailto:jcownie at gmail.com>>
> Mob: +44 780 637 7146
> http://skiingjim.blogspot.com/

Dr. Cownie

You edited, and distorted what I wrote.
It said *Fortran* (NOT MPI !) outlived its creators.
I certainly didn't mean to kill prematurely
the MPI designers and developers either.

Here is what I wrote:

 > After all, reports of the death of Fortran, like Mark Twain's death,
 > have been greatly exaggerated.
 > It continues to hang on, outlived his creators,
 > and shows no sign of dying anytime soon.

Please, be faithful on your citations,
and don't distort what others post on the list,
even if it is just to make fun.

Thank you,
Gus Correa