[Beowulf] SC14 website scheduling issues

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 13 11:47:20 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 12:25 PM, Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 10:45 AM, Prentice Bisbal
> <prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu <mailto:prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu>> wrote:
>
>     When the events were added to my Google calendar, they were often
>     added with the wrong time or date, making the calendar entry useless.
>

> Were they time-zone shifted? Maybe they were added for CST and you're
> in another time zone?

It goes beyond time zone shifting. I'm in EST, and New Orleans is CST,
so when I add the events to my Google Calendar, the times should be
shifted by one hour. So if the keynote starts at 9 AM CST, When I add
the event to my Google Calendar, it should start at 10 AM. For some of
the events, that's exactly what happened. For others, the time were
shifted by several hours. And even worse, the duration of some of the
events were incorrect, too - 1.5 hour BoF's would be added to my
calendar with a duration of 2.5 hours!

-- Prentice