[Beowulf] SC14 website scheduling issues

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Thu Nov 13 08:49:42 PST 2014

On 11/13/2014 06:39 AM, Jason Riedy wrote:
> And Ryan Novosielski writes:
>> The iPhone app seems to have information on all of the events. And
>> you can click the star icon at the bottom of an event to add it to
>> your own personal agenda. Maybe I'm not clear on what you're
>> looking for.
> As of right now, the Android app lacks titles, abstracts, and
> speakers for Tuesday.  Does not bode well.

Ugh. When I used it for SC12 and SC13, it would show the times for an
entire track, not the individual talks. For example, if there was an
all-day track on Broader Engagement that ran from 8:30 AM  - 5 PM, all
the talks for that track would be shown with a time of 8:30 AM - 5 PM,
making it impossible to figure out when that one talk I actually wanted
to attend was.

The SC folks either need to get their act together with these phone
apps, or provide a printed schedule again. The didn't provide one last
year, which was a bad idea.

--
Prentice