[Beowulf] Nvidia and IBM create GPU interconnect for faster supercomputing

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 27 09:09:47 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Prentice is right, the picture and the text are not matching. I stumbled over
that as well but did not have the time to think it through.
My understanding is also that the NVlink is between GPUs and CPU.

However, the main question is: will that work with other chipsets (Intel, AMD)
as well or will that only work with the IBM chips?

All the best from a cold London

Jörg