[Beowulf] Nvidia and IBM create GPU interconnect for faster supercomputing

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 26 08:27:13 PDT 2014

On 03/25/2014 06:27 PM, Bill Broadley wrote:
> Sounds like a memory coherent 80GB/sec link:
>
> http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/03/nvidia-and-ibm-create-gpu-interconnect-for-faster-supercomputing/
>
> They mention GPU<->GPU links, but don't quite mention system <-> system links.

I haven't read the article in it's entirety, but it looks like NVidia
and IBM have just fired the first shot in Exascale race (apologies for
the mixed metaphors).

When I saw Dave Turek announce this partnership at SC13, I immediately
saw that their partnership was a significant play for Exascale.

--
Prentice