No subject

Thu Jun 12 22:07:40 PDT 2014

threshold per outlet.  Making the masterswitch pretty much useless for
our setup.

I'd recommend some other powermanagement for 72 nodes, or putting up
with a higher granularity by turning ups's on/off via serial or network
interface directly to the UPS.   Definitely check that you can control
as many nodes as you want and still be able to plug into the UPS
of your choice.

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 01:12:02PM +0200, Ramiro Alba Queipo wrote:
> Hello everybody:
>
> We have a 72 nodes cluster and we are planing to buy APC power
> controlers in order to be able switching on/off the nodes remotely.
>
> The point is that I would like to confirm that it is posible to send
> commands to the power controlers from a linux console (and how) in order
> to develop scripts than can easily control the devices.
>
> I looked at the documentacion from the APC's web page I could not be
> completely sure of this aspect.
>
> Regards
> Thanks in advance
>
> --
> Ramiro Alba
> Laboratori de Termotecnia i Energetica
>
> Departament de Maquines i Motors Termics
> ETS d'Enginyers Industrials de Terrassa
>
> C/Colom 11
>
> Tf: 34 - 93 739 86 46
> Fax: 34 - 93 739 81 01

Bill Broadley
Mathematics/Institute of Theoretical Dynamics
UC Davis