[Beowulf] Beowulf communication type of nodes

Nathan Pimental nathansaint1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 12:23:34 PST 2014

Thanks guys. In response to 'Of course "personal computers" is now servers'
which was stated by Douglas, If using servers is now the norm, well I'm
still using PC towers :) This of course, Joe, is the reason I don't have to
worry about Microsoft's policies on using XP on servers, since I am not.
Does it matter if the nodes don't communicate? It seems like most
communication between nodes would be a bottleneck. For example, if I'm
doing A sum function (Like the ones used in pi calculation) which has two
parts, instead of having the nodes communicate for each "part" of the sum,
adding them as they went, one would distribute the calculations, have each
node do a certain number of the parts, then add them at the end. Is that
still parallel cluster-ing?

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 12:34 PM, Lux, Jim (337C)
<james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov>wrote:

> Jim Lux

Audis,
1416J