[Beowulf] Putting /home on Lusture of GPFS

James Cuff james_cuff at harvard.edu
Tue Dec 23 10:52:44 PST 2014

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Prentice Bisbal
<prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu> wrote:
> I was discussing putting /home and /usr/local for my cluster on a GPFS or
> Lustre filesystem, in addition to using it just for /scratch.

TL;DR: "Unless you have the constitution of an ox, I really, really
wouldn't recommend it."

Although, I still can't wait to read this thread, I see Joe has
already chipped in - this is going to be fun!

Happy holidays to one and all!

Best,

j.

--
dr. james cuff, assistant dean for research computing, harvard
university | division of science | thirty eight oxford street,