[Beowulf] Red Hat buys Inktank, maker of Ceph

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Wed Apr 30 07:05:45 PDT 2014

On 04/30/2014 08:34 AM, Chris Samuel wrote:
> So Red Hat now has Glusterfs and Ceph.  Interesting..
>
> http://www.redhat.com/inktank/
>
> cheers,
> Chris

Gluster never seemed to gain the traction of Lustre or GPFS, though. The
question in my mind is will Ceph now suffer the same fate, or are they
buying Ceph to make up for the lackluster success of Gluster? I don't
know much about either filesystem, but imagine RH will soon jettison
Gluster so they aren't selling two competing products.

Prentice