[Beowulf] mpiexec task affinity

reza azimi reza.c.azimi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:49:37 PDT 2013

Hello guys,

let me explain my question with an example:
Assume I want to run 24 thread on my Beowulf cluster which use MPICH2 as
the MPI library. I run these 24 threads on six servers giving each 4
threads with "mpiexec" command. Can I change this configuration during the *run
time* for example do it as 4*6 using 4 server and giving each 6 thread?
I am looking for something like task affinity in one server which you say
what core do which pid with "taskset" comand without stopping the program.
Let me know,

Thanks
Reza