[Beowulf] Intel Xeon E5-2600 v2

Joshua Mora joshua_mora at usa.net
Sat Sep 14 15:38:23 PDT 2013

Sandybridge and Ivybridge do not have AVX2 extensions.
Haswell does.
Therefore SB and IB do 8DP FLOPs/clk/core
HW does 16DP FLOPs/clk/core

AMD processors Interlagos,Abudhabi support FMA4 and FMA3/4 respectively. They
are capable as well of 8DP FLOPs/clk/core.

floating point operations in single precission is 2X double precission for
multicore architectures.

You should not guide your infrastructure investments on SP/DP FLOPs/clk/core
metric.
Better access temporarily it and run your own stuff.
Memory bandwidth and latency at the core and socket will correlate better on
real world workloads ( the part not related with I/O to NIC or storage).

Joshua