[Beowulf] Docker in HPC

Olli-Pekka Lehto olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi
Wed Nov 27 11:29:45 PST 2013

Furthermore, the latest incarnation of OpenStack (Havana) has support for docker. The rate of development and industry adoption has been very impressive.

Definitely something that could make an impact in HPC as well. I've been playing around with it a bit under Vagrant but no interesting results yet.

For cloud workloads I also like the concept having a simple schema for creating the container (Dockerfile). Makes debugging and auditing much easier than mucking about with opaque VM images with little or no documentation on what is in there.

Olli-Pekka
--
Olli-Pekka Lehto
Development Manager