[Beowulf] immersion cooling for ASIC Bitcoin miners

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.com.pl
Tue Nov 26 19:18:54 PST 2013

On Tue, 26 Nov 2013, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346134.msg3709913#msg3709913
>
> (must see due to pretty pictures)

> In fact, this cooling technique is of the planet most advanced. Same
> technique are applied for super computer systems.Through the usage of
> immersion cooling,calculating density can reach far beyond air cooling
> system. At present, each liquid tank can accommodate 92 blades, in future,
> could be more. Each 200cc liquid, can afford up to 4kw mining power. Each
> cooling pipe can afford the power consumption of the 25kW,a liquid tank can
> be installed 4 sets of cooling pipes.

I recall from one mainframe list I am subscribed to, they had once wrote
how few decades ago heat from a computer (a behemoth computer) was used to
warm swimming pool in the front of the building hosting it.

Supercomputing still has a bit or two to improve before it beats
dinosaurs.

:-)

Regards,
Tomasz Rola