[Beowulf] immersion cooling for ASIC Bitcoin miners

Bogdan Costescu bcostescu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 04:22:38 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> In fact, this cooling technique is of the planet most advanced.

Thanks for limiting to a snippet ! I found the article a little too
light on tech details... inexperienced reporter :)

The heat exchangers on the building top are in a VVVV shape. The
middle panels seem to me to blow hot air against each other - is this
efficient, given that they seem to have enough space to put them a bit
farther apart ?

One of the pics shows a bubbling liquid surface, we've seen recently
similar pics. From what I remember from past discussions on this very
list, the bubbles are bad for heat transfer - it's OK to have them at
or very near to the surface, but not down below. Has the physics
changed behind my back ?

Cheers,
Bogdan